Malkangiri: A minor girl, who fell ill on May 1 after consuming spurious ‘lassi’, died at her home at Kurti village under Padia block in Malkangiri district.

Malkangiri: A minor girl, who fell ill on May 1 after consuming spurious ‘lassi’, died at her home at Kurti village under Padia block in Malkangiri district. Malkangiri police has…

Malkangiri police has arrested a person in this connection for interrogation.

On May 1, around 100 people including some children fell ill after drinking the lassi from a shop at Kurti market to beat the scorching heat.

Hours after consuming the cold beverage, many of them complained of severe stomach ache, vomiting and nausea. They were admitted to a nearby hospital.

Most of them have recovered, reports said.

The exact reason of the death of the minor girl is yet to be ascertained, but the lassi is stated to be spurious or contaminated that claimed the life of the minor girl.

“The lassi was either spurious or some articles added in the beverage contaminated it, said Malkangirii CDMO Prafulla Nanda.

The sample of the lassi has been sent to laboratory for examination, he added.

Other Stories