Sanjeev Kumar Pradhan

Keonjhar: A kid was critically injured after an iron rod accidentally pierced into his body at Dimbo village under Town police limits in Keonjhar district today. The injured child has been identified as Chandan Mahakud.

According to reports, Chandan was playing with the iron rod when he accidentally fell on it as a result of which the metal pierced into his chest. After his parents came to know about the incident, he was rushed to the hospital.

With the rod in his body, Chandan was initially rushed to Keonjhar District Headquarters hospital (DHH) in a critical condition. Later, he was shifted to SCB Medical and College in Cuttack after his condition worsened.