Puri: The Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) on Friday issued a new set of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for implementation of restrictions in view of rising cases of Covid-19 in Odisha.
The SOPs were issued after a meeting was held through video conferencing under the chairmanship of SJTA chief administrator Krishan Kumar.
“It was unanimously agreed that there is a need to bring more restrictions in view of the rapid spread of COVID-19 across India in last few days,” the SJTA said in a statement after the meeting.
Here are details SOPs issued for Srimandir
- Temple will remain closed for Public Darshan on all Saturdays & Sundays as a measure to contain the spread of Coronavirus disease and in order to sanitize the Temple premises.
- All devotees visiting the temple from outside of Odisha State will be required to bring COVID-19 negative Certificate (RTPCR) of testing done within 96 hours prior to their visit to the Temple or to produce a report on 2nd dose of Anti-COVID vaccination. Anyother guidelines issued by the State Government with respect to restrictions on persons coming from other States shall be scrupulously followed.
- All devotees will be required to bring their photo ID Card, namely, Aadhaar/Voter 1D or any other photo ID card for identification.
- It is mandatory for all pilgrims to wear Masks at all times; inside & outside of theTemple. People flouting the norms will be fined if required, and will be refused entry to the temple.
- Darshan of the Lords by the public/devotee will be allowed only from Bahara Katha of the temple.
- Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering the Temple. There should be strict enforcement for ensuring COVID appropriate behaviour by all concerned.
- Devotees should maintain physical distance at all times as per COVID-19 guidelines.
- Devotees are requested not to touch Statues or ldols inside the Temple.
- Chewing of Tobacco/ Paan and spitting inside the Temple premises is strictly prohibited. A fine of Rs 500 will be levied for each violation.
- There is a complete ban on carrying polythene bags inside the temple. A fine of Rs 100 will be levied for each violation.
- Lighting of Deep as inside the Temple by the Devotees will not be permitted at all.
- The Devotees will be allowed to take Mahaprasad inside Ananda Bazaar and Temple premises at designated places only.
- The entry of Devotees to the Temple in Queue System will start from the Barricades opposite to the Shoe Stand.
- All Devotees will enter through Singhadwar. After the Darshan, the exit will be allowed through all the Dwaras except Singhadwar (East Gate).
- People who leave their belongings such as shoes, mobile etc. at the shoe stand located at the North-East side of the Temple are advised to exit from the Hasti Dwara
- (North Gate) for easy & faster retrieval of their belongings
- The above amendments to the standard operating procedures will come into force from 19.04.2021.
- The SOP guidelines will be reviewed further from time to time, keeping in mind the management of COVID-19 pandemic.