We Report, You Decide

Four rooms, two shops gutted in separate fire mishaps in Odisha

Jagatsinghpur: Four rooms and two shops were gutted in separate fire mishaps in Jagatsinghpur and Angul districts in last 24 hours.

In a suspected case of short circuit, fire engulfed four rooms of a family at Benapada village under Naugaon Tehsil of Jagatsinghpur district in the wee hours today. Many valuable items were reduced to ashes due to the fire mishap.

In another incident, fire engulfed two shops in Nuamauja market of Angul on Sunday night. According to reports, a fire broke out in a tiffin centre at the market at around 10.30 pm yesterday and later spread to the adjacent shop.

On being informed by the local residents about the incident, a team of fire tenders rushed to the spot to douse the fire.

While no causality was reported, property worth thousands of rupees was destroyed in the fire. Locals claimed that the timely action of the fire personnel averted a major mishap.

Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be known, a short circuit is assumed to have caused the blaze. An investigation into the incident has been initiated by the police.

Read Our Next Story