• otv
Sharmili Mallick

Bhubaneswar: Fire broke out in the Physiotherapy department on the second flood of Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital in Bhubaneswar this morning. However, a major mishap was averted due to prompt response from the Fire Services personnel. No causalities have been reported in the incident.

According to reports, smoke started emanating from a classroom of the Physiotherapy department of the hospital early this morning. On getting information, two fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames within half an hour. As the classroom was empty, no one was hurt in the incident.

Although the exact reason behind the flames is yet to be established, it is being suspected that electric short circuit might have led to the mishap.

Other Stories