Ensure 'double locking arrangements' for relay rooms housing signalling equipment: Railways to zones
Khurda: A fire broke out at the Prananath College in Khurda Town during evaluation of Plus-II answer sheetsin the college today. However, no casualty or damage of property was reportedin the mishap.
According to sources, a few college staff spotted smoke emanating from the switchgear of Maitree Bhawan, the Conference Hall of the College, where the officials were carrying out the evaluation of the answer sheets.
Subsequently after receiving information, Khurda fire brigade officials rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
"As soon as the college staff noticed the smoke, the officials engaged in the evaluation were asked to vacate the hall. There has been no serious damage due to the mishap though," informed Vice Principal of the college, Manoranjan Senapati.
Assistant Fire Officer, Sarat Chandra Mallick said, "The fire broke out in the switch gear inside the Maitree Bhawan due to which other cables also caught burning. Only the wiring in the hall has been damaged."