COVID19 Tally Reaches 94K In Odisha, Cases Explode In Khordha, Rayagada
Bhubaneswar: Odisha on Thursday Friday recorded its highest single-day spike of 3682 Covid-19 cases pushing the tally to 94668 in the State. The State has 28836 active cases and 65323 recoveries, Odisha I & PR Department informed on Friday. The death toll has also risen to 456 with eight more deaths in the last 24 hours.
“Regret to inform the demise of eight #COVID19 positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” tweeted H&FW Department.
Two COVID deaths each were reported from Bhubaneswar and Ganjam while 1 each from Bhadrak, Bargarh, Bolangir and Rayagada districts.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 2241 were reported from various quarantine centres while 1441 are local contact cases.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the highest 775 new Coronavirus cases followed by Rayagada 495 cases, Cuttack (369), Mayurbhanj (272), Ganjam (174), Bargarh (152), Koraput (140), Sambalpur (128), Puri (115), Nayagarh (109).
— OTV (@otvnews) August 28, 2020
Details of cases of other districts are mentioned below:
The Health and Family Welfare Department has shared the details of eight Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 61-year-old female of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 62-year-old male of Bhadrak district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 65-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 56-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes & hypertension.
- A 40-year-old male of Bolangir district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 55-year-old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 45-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 60-year-old male of Rayagada district.
The Health Department further informed that 68,090 Covid-19 tests were conducted in the State in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative test to 15,53,257 till date.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)