Bhubaneswar: With a steep rise of Covid-19 cases in many parts of the country and especially in the border states of Odisha, the State government has tightened the restrictions even more to prevent spread of further infections from people travelling to Odisha from other States.
In view of the situation, the government has now issued a new order mentioning that travelers from the neighboring states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have to undergo mandatory institutional quarantine for 14 days.
In order to ensure strict social distancing and isolation to contain the spread of the infections in the second wave of the pandemic, the State Revenue and Disaster Management Department, in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 24(I) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 has issued the following directions.
- Collectors of Ganjam, Gajapati, Rayagada, Koraput, Malkangiri, Nawrangpur are directed to put Border Check Posts (BCP) on all inter-state roads (NH, state roads and local roads) along Andhra Pradesh and Telangana border with immediate effect.
- The district administrations shall ensure border tracking for all the major and minor entry points for incoming people from the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana adjoining their districts to Odisha. Adequate police arrangement may be made for such tracking.
- Anyone coming to Odisha from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana by personal / hired vehicles (two, three or Four-wheelers)/ trains or entering the State in any other mode shall undergo mandatory institutional quarantine for 14 days in Cluster TMC to be managed by BDO/ EO of urban areas.
- The District administrations shall ensure appropriate facilities and logistic support to Cluster TMC. Such CTMCs shall be operated as per guidelines of SRC office.
- People travelling from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to other states through Odisha shall be allowed without disembarking from the vehicle en-route inside Odisha.
- Sarpanch(s)/ Ward Member (s) of PRIs and volunteers shall be mobilised to create awareness in their areas and further report to BDO/police station/ local authorities about any person coming from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana not quarantined in institutional facilities.
- All passengers coming from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana alighting at Bhubaneswar/ Jharsuguda Airport/ any railway stations in the State, shall be mandatorily subjected to institutional quarantine/ paid quarantine for 14 days at facilities identified/ ordered by District Magistrate/ Municipal Commissioner or any officer duly authorised on his/her behalf.
- Any person(s) who has been successfully vaccinated (two doses) and produces certificate to the effect or tested negative in RTPCR test (report to be produced) within 48 hours before entering Odisha, may be allowed home quarantine for seven days. If there is no suitable facility for home quarantine, he/ she may opt for institutional / paid quarantine in identified facilities for seven days.
However, in case of non-compliance of the Covid protocols and home quarantine guidelines issued by MoHFW/ H &FW Department of Government of Odisha, such persons shall be quarantined in institutional facilities for seven days.
- Persons coming on emergency works related to Covid-19 management by government and private hospitals as well as those coming in connection any work permitted by Government of Odisha shall be exempted from this order. However, such persons shall strictly follow appropriate Covid-19 protocols and shall perform minimum necessary travel as would be required to perform the task for which he/ she has been drafted for and not unnecessarily move around.
- Transport Commissioner, Odisha shall provide necessary assistance and guidance to district Collectors in operationalising the Border Check Posts.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against in accordance with the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and legal action under Section 188 of the IPC and other legal provisions as applicable.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)