Nuapada: With Nuapada witnessing steep rise in Covid-19 cases since the last one week, the district administration has taken several precautionary measures to break the chain of new variants of SARS-CoV2 in the region.
In the latest notification issued on Sunday, the Nuapada Collector said “The famous temples in the district have become tourists destinations and congregation in the temples and adjoining areas have a potential to cause the spread of the virus.”
“Therefore, the district administration has prohibited the entry of visitors/tourists inside several temples, including Jogeswar Temple in Patora, Jaleswar Temple in Tikhali and Shiv Temple in Patalganga,” the notification read.
People are not allowed to visit Patora Dam, Tikhali Dam and Patalganga in order to avoid congregation in these tourists spots, said the Nuapada District Collector Swadha Dev Singh.
However, religious rituals in these temples/places of worship will continue as usual with limited number of persons and with strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols. “Any person found violating the order shall be punished under the provision of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and other related laws,” added the Collector in the notification.
Similarly, in view of the increase in Covid-19 positive cases, the Nuapada district administration has issued certain guidelines for regulation of social gatherings like marriage related function, death rituals and related functions and other type of social/other types of gathering in view of public safety. The order shall come into effect from April 6 till further orders.
The guidelines are as follows:
- For marriage related functions, the maximum number or persons allowed are 100 with strict adherence to Covid appropriate behaviour and maintenance of social distancing.
- For death rituals related functions, the maximum number of persons allowed are 50 with strict adherence to Covid appropriate behaviour and maintenance of social distancing.
- The following kinds of functions are strictly prohibited until further orders- a)Events and gatherings related to Promotional activities/Conferences/Conclaves etc. b) Centenary/Golden Jubilee etc celebrations of Institutions. c) Annual events/Annual functions of educational and other institutions etc.
- For other kinds of social gatherings, the host shall have to obtain permission from District Magistrate which will be given keeping in view the requirement of the host and prevailing pandemic situation subject to maximum participants ceiling of 100 persons.
- Any permission given earlier regarding the number of participants and conduct of functions on and after April 6 shall stand modified accordingly and no separate modification order will be issued by the district administration or any other authorities.