COVID-19: Presence Of Students, Guardians Not Required For School Admissions In Odisha
Bhubaneswar: In view of the COVID-19 situation, Odisha government on Thursday made a slight modification in the guidelines and issued SOP for admissions in schools.
The SOP has been issued by the School and Mass Education department for admissions into elementary, secondary, higher secondary classes for 2020-21 academic session.
Though the government on May 15 announced promotion of students (Class I to VIII) (Class IX to X) of government, aided elementary and secondary schools, madrasa, unaided and sanskrit tols, the instructions have been modified and now will be applicable only to government, government-aided schools and all schools affiliated to BSE, CHSE Odisha, Madrasas affiliated to State Madrasa Board and Odisha Adarsha Vidyalayas.
The department today has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the smooth conduct of admissions in view of the COVID-19 pandemic and heat wave conditions. The SOP includes:
1. Admissions needs to be carried out with full compliance of COVID-19 precautions issued by Health and Family Welfare Department
2. Admission process to be taken up in such a manner that no child is deprived of due entitlements. It will also ensure that students should included be grade appropriate academic activities and will further remove anxiety and stress of students and parents.
3. All admissions based on promotions within a school will not require presence of students/ guardians. These are rolling admissions and schools will update their admission registers accordingly.
4. Wherever promotion requires student to move from one school to the other, in such cases the head masters of current schools shall send list of students along with mobile number of parents preferably through WhatsApp, email to the head masters of nearby higher class schools.
5. In case students has to change school, parents can obtain transfer certificates from the present school and submit the documents in the new school for admission.
6. Schools, which are present used as TMCs, swab collection centres, hospitals for COVID-19, can perform the activities relating to issuance of transfer certificates or new admissions from nearest government or aided / primary or upper primary schools