Bhubaneswar: The death toll due to Covid-19 in Odisha mounted to 1803 on Sunday with five more fatalities in the last 24 hours, as per State Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) Department.
The positive tally jumped to 3,23,757 as 393 people tested positive for coronavirus infection during the period, as per the data revealed by Information and Public Relations (I&PR) Department.
Of the fresh cases, 228 were from quarantine, while 165 were local contacts. Angul district topped the daily COVID-19 positive tally in the State with 47 new cases, followed by Sundargarh with 44 cases while Khordha reported 39 cases in last 24 hours.
In terms of death, Khordha (1 in Bhubaneswar) and Mayurbhanj reported two deaths each while Sundargarh recorded one death, added the H&FW Department.
Till date, Khordha district reported the highest 310 deaths followed by Ganjam with 245 fatalities, Sundargarh 155, Cuttack 137 and Puri 110 deaths.
The health department has also shared the details of the Covid-19 patients who succumbed during treatment at hospitals during the period.
- A 59-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 64-year-old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Bilateral Cellulitis of leg & Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 58-year-old male of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Cerebrovascular accident & Hypertension.
- A 68-year-old male of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 59-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Sjogren’s Syndrome.
A total of 33,079 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 63,78,784 in Odisha. The active caseload in the State stands at 3,214 while 3,18,683 patients have recuperated from the disease so far.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)