COVID-19: Death Toll In Odisha Rises To 569, Positive Tally Over 1.3 Lakh
Image Credit- Twitter
Bhubaneswar: Odisha reported 13 deaths due to Covid-19 while 3490 persons were tested positive for the virus in the last 24 hours.
“Regret to inform of the demise of thirteen Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” tweeted State Health and Family Welfare Department.
With this, the death toll mounted to 569 while the cumulative caseload reached 131382 which included 31362 active cases and 99398 recoveries, added the State H&FW department.
Three COVID deaths were reported from Puri while Ganjam, Mayurbhanj and Rayagada registered two deaths each and Cuttack, Kandhamal, Khurda and Sonepur districts witnessed one death each.
Similarly, of the fresh cases, 2094 were detected from various quarantine centres while 1396 are local contact cases.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the maximum 535 new novel coronavirus cases followed by Cuttack (376), Puri (217), Mayurbhanj (207), Rayagada (206), Jajpur (178), Bolangir (110), Sonepur (107), Jharsuguda (103) and Nuapada (102).
Details of cases of other districts are mentioned below:
— OTV (@otvnews) September 8, 2020
The Health and Family Welfare Department has shared the details of 13 Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 58-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypertension & Hypothyroidism.
- A 65-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension, Bronchial Asthma & Hypothyroidism.
- A 58-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 50-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 66-year-old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes, hypertension & Chronic kidney Disease (Stage-V).
- A 24-year-old male of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Lamellar Ichthyosis , psoriasis with methotrexate toxicity.
- A 70-year-old male of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 60-year-old male of Puri district.
- A 45-year-old male of Puri district.
- A 60-year-old female of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 48-year-old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 72-year-old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A 60-year-old male of Sonepur district.
The Health Department further informed that 41,275 Covid-19 tests including 34,324 Antigen, 6,784 RT-PCR and 167 TruNat were conducted in the State in the last 24 taking the cumulative test in Odisha to 2184841 so far.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)