Covid-19 Cases In Odisha Below 1,000 For Third Day; 753 Positives, 17 Deaths Today
Bhubaneswar: The number of daily Covid-19 cases in Odisha continued to remain below 1,000 for the third day in a row on Sunday. As many as 753 tested positive for the virus in the last 24 hours pushing the total cases to 308659.
At least seventeen patients undergoing treatment at various hospitals succumbed to the virus increasing the death toll to 1527, said the State Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) Department.
Of the fresh cases reported from the 30 districts, 434 were detected from different quarantine centres, while the remaining 319 are local transmission cases, as per Information & Public Relations (I&PR) Department.
Sundargarh district recorded the highest 75 fresh Covid cases, followed by 74 in Khordha, 65 in Nuapada and 47 cases each in Kalahandi and Angul districts.
(I&PR Dept) pic.twitter.com/FoItJRA3aB
— OTV (@otvnews) November 15, 2020
As many as four patients succumbed to Covid-19 in Sundargarh and Khordha districts while three died in Bargarh and Sambalpur. Boudh, Dhenkanal and Kalahandi districts recorded one death each, added the H&FW department.
The H&FW department has shared the details of the 17 Covid-19 patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment at various hospitals:
- A 33-year-old male of Bargarh district.
- A 58-year-old female of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 64-year-old male of Bargarh district.
- A 12-year-old girl of Boudh district.
- A 63-year-old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 102-year-old female of Bhubaneswar.
- A 73-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension with CVA.
- A 60-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus with Coronary Artery Disease & had undergone CABG.
- A 50-year-old male of Dhenkanal district.
- A 60-year-old male of Kalahandi district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 53-year-old female of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Oral Cancer.
- A 63-year-old male of Sambalpur district.
- A 58-year-old male of Sambalpur district.
- A 55-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from CKD.
- A 28-year-old female of Sundargarh district.
- A 36-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 79-year-old male of Sundargarh district.
As of now, at least 53 patients infected with COVID-19 have died due to pre-existing ailments, informed the H&FW Department.
A total of 40661 samples were tested in the last 24 hours taking the cumulative tests to 5259675 in Odisha. The number of active cases in the state stands at 11098 with 295245 persons having recovered from the virus.
With 41,100 new Covid-19 infections in the last 24 hours, India’s total cases rise to 8814579 while 447 deaths during the period pushed the death toll to 129635, as per morning data of the Union Health Ministry. Total active cases in India stands at 479216 while 8205728 recuperated from the disease so far.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)