Coronavirus: Odisha Records 2196 Cases & 17 Deaths, Khordha Graph Dips Further
Pic Courtesy: CMC Twitter
Bhuabneswar: The daily spike of Covid-19 caseload continued to show a declining trend in Odisha with 2,196 new cases in the last 24 hours. Khordha district of the State witnessed a steep decline in the number of positives.
In terms of death, 17 persons succumbed to the disease while undergoing treatment at various hospitals of the State, the State health department informed on Saturday.
With this, the total positive caseload in the State reached 2,66,345 which includes 23,786 active cases and 2,41,385 recoveries. The death toll has mounted to 1,121.
Of the new cases, 1274 patients are from quarantine, while 922 are local contact cases.
According to I&PR department, Khordha reported 259 cases followed by Cuttack (175), Sundargarh (140), Mayurbhanj (119) and Nuapada (108).
— OTV (@otvnews) October 17, 2020
The Health department said, highest 5 deaths were reported from Khordha, while in Cuttack two succumbed to the virus.
The details of the cases are mentioned below:
- A 56-year-old male of Anugul District who was also suffering from Hypertension, CAD, BHP, Generalised lymphadenopathy
- A 69-year-old male of Balasore District who was suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension
- A 57-year-old female of Bhubaneswar
- A 70-year-old male of Bhubaneswar
- A 73-year-old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypothyroidism & Hypertension
- A 76-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 65 year old female of Cuttack who was also suffering from CAD & Hypertensions.
- A 49-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension
- A 79-year-old male of Jagatsinghpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension
- A 53-year-old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension & CKD
- A 74-year-old male of Keonjhar district
- A 37-year-old female of Khurdha District
- A 58-year-old male of Mayurbhanja District
- A 66-year-old male of Nayagarh district
- A 77-year-old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 64-year-old female of Rourkela who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension
- A 75-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes