Corona Cases Surge To 1723 In Odisha With 63 New Positives
Image Credit-IANS/Representative Image
Bhubaneswar: Odisha’s SARS-nCoV tally continued its upward trend zooming up to 1723 after reporting fresh 63 Corona cases on Friday.
As per the data shared by the State Health and Family Welfare Department, a total of 63 new COVID-19 cases were detected from several districts of Odisha in the last 24 hours. While 61 corona cases have been reported from quarantine centres, the rest 2 are local cases.
Khurda reported the highest 12 COVID-19 positive cases while Jagatsinghpur reported 11 cases followed by Dhenkanal 9, Nayagarh 7, Bolangir 6 and Ganjam 4 cases.
Similarly, three Coronavirus cases were detected each from Balasore and Cuttack districts, two from Sundergarh and one each case from Puri, Mayurbhanj, Sambalpur, Koraput, Jharsuguda and Nabarangour districts.
However, in much relief for the State, the numbers of recoveries are comparatively more than the number of active cases. With the new cases, the number of recoveries stood at 887 while active cases in Odisha stood at 827 today. The total death tally in the State is still at 7. The State Health department has also mentioned that two persons had also succumbed due to reasons other than Covid19.
It said, a 72-year male of Balasore district who was suffering from Blood cancer and other chronic ailments had tested positive for Covid19. He has succumbed to his chronic ailments. As per the death audit report, the cause of death is chronic myelogenous leukaemia.
Other details of the new 62 corona cases as shared by the State I & PR Department:
- 10 cases in Khurdha (8 in quarantine centres. 5 Maharashtra, 3 Gujarat returnees & 2 local contact cases)
- 2 cases in Bhubaneswar (In quarantine centre. 1 Maharashtra & 1 Delhi returnees)
- 9 cases in in Dhenkanal (All in quarantine centres. Surat returnees)
- 7 cases in Nayagarh (All in quarantine centres. 1 WB returnees & 6 Surat returnees)
- 4 cases in Ganjam (All in quarantine centres & Surat returnees)
- 3 cases in Cuttack (All in quarantine centres. 2 WB & 1 Maharashtra returnees)
- 3 cases in Balasore (All in quarantine centres. 1 Maharashtra, 1 WB & 1 TN returnees)
- 2 cases in Sundergarh (All in quarantine centres, Maharashtra returnees)
- 1 case in Puri (In quarantine centre & CG returnee)
- 1 case in Sambalpur (In quarantine centre, Maharashtra returnee)
- 1 case in Mayurbhanj (In quarantine centre, & TN returnee)
- 1 case in Nabarangapur (In quarantine centre & Surat returnee)
- 1 case in Koraput (In quarantine centre & AP returnee)
On the other hand, a total of 4,259 RT-PCR tests in the last 24 hours in Odisha taking the State’s cumulative to 143570.
Till date, Ganjam has the highest 398 COVID-19 cases followed by Jajpur which has reported 253, Balasore 142, Khurda 122, Bhadrak 106, Cuttack 89, Puri 86, Nayagarh 64, Bolangir 62, Kendrapara 61 and Jagatsinghpur 60.
(Edited By- Suryakant Jena)