We Report, You Decide

Child dies after inadvertently drinking diesel in Ganjam

Berhampur: In a tragic incident, a five-year-old boy died today after inadvertently drinking diesel at Kaliaghai village under Seragada block of Ganjam district.

Sources said, the kid, Arun Kumar Reddy had come to his maternal uncle’s house with his mother on Thursday. After having snacks in the evening, Arun inadvertently drank diesel from a bottle mistaking it for water.

Arun started vomiting following which family members rushed him to the Seragada hospital and later shifted him to MKCG Medical College and Hospital (MKCG MCH) in Berhampur after his condition deteriorated.

Though doctors at Berhampur hospital referred Arun to SCB Medical College and Hospital (SCBMCH) in Cuttack, he succumbed before he could be shifted.

Later, Arun’s body was sent for post-mortem after an FIR was lodged at MKCG MCH police outpost.

You might also like

Comments are closed.