• otv
Odishatv Bureau

Keonjhar: A woman and her one-month-old daughter were charred to death after coming in contact with a kerosene lamp in their house at Sanamasinabila village under Ghatagaon police limits in Keonjhar district.

The incident took place when the woman identified as Kuntilata Naik was refilling the lamp on Sunday night.

"Kuntilata and her baby came in contact with the flames of the lamp after it fell off the wall accidentally. Later, both of them were admitted to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) while they succumbed to their injuries today," a relative said.

Mother of Kuntilata, who was also injured in the mishap, is undergoing treatment at the hospital in critical condition.

Other Stories