Mayurbhanj: As many as 22 students of Brahmanamara Ashram School under Morada block of Mayurbhanj district fell ill allegedly after consuming mid-day meals at the school here on Tuesday.
According to sources, the students had Upma in their breakfast; in lunch they were provided rice, dal, mix-vegetable and Soya bean curry and later they had watered rice and fried vegetables. However, it was soon after they consumed their meal at the school, they complained of stomach pain accompanied by vomiting and loose motion.
The affected students were immediately rushed to Morada Hospital here and later shifted to Baripada hospital.
While 20 of them are out of danger, the health condition of two students is still stated to be critical, sources added.
"I suffered from severe stomach ache and later had loose motions. All this happened after having mid-day meal. I had rice, dal, Soya bean curry in my lunch," said a student.
"They were provided food according to the menu chart. Out of 220 students, three of them first complained of uneasiness and later 19 more students were taken ill due to food poisoning," said Sabha Marandi, teacher.
Last month in Malkangiri district, over 150 girl students of Badapada Asharam School near Chitrakonda were taken ill after eating flattened rice mixed with phenyl. The students complained of vomiting and nausea after eating flattened rice served in the breakfast following which they were admitted to the Janbai medical and later shifted to Chitrakonda hospital.