• otv
Odishatv Bureau

Bhubaneswar: Funds would no longer be hindrance in carrying out development of Simlipal biosphere reserve as Rs 64 crores have been earmarked to be spent in the next 5 years.

The proposal was cleared at the Biosphere Reserve Management Council meeting headed by Chief Secretary Aditya Padhi here on Saturday.

A comprehensive management action plan that was prepared keeping in mind the infrastructure and manpower requirement was also approved by the council.

Also Read:Similipal closed for onset of monsoon in Odisha

“Apart from the comprehensive plan for 5 years, action plan for 2017-18 financial year was approved along and the monitoring report was placed and progress made was also reviewed,” said Tiger Reserve Forest Field Officer Harish Ku Basisht.

Harish further informed that earlier funds were major constraint for carrying out various developmental activities while the issue has been resolved with all formalities completed.

As per plans, the Centre would give 60 percent of the funds allocated while Odisha government will bear the remaining 40 percent of the sanctioned fund.

Other Stories