Odishatv Bureau

Puri: In yet another controversy, the Daitapati Niyog has allegedly issued and sold fake tickets to devotees for evening darshan of Lord Jagannath and his siblings at Adapa Mandap a day before the Bahuda Yatra.

It is alleged that though the Daitapati Niyog takes all the money collected from sale of tickets, the body this year has issued allegedly fake tickets in its name and selling out the same to devotees. Despite restriction by the temple administration, the servitors association is not paying any heed to it.

It may be mentioned here that tickets are sold out to devotees for darshan of the Trinity on Adapa Mandap a day before the Bahuda Yatra. While the Jagannath temple administration sells 80 per cent of the tickets, the Daitapati Niyog sells the rest 20 per cent. The entire money collected through the tickets is handed over to the servitors’ body.

However, the Daitapati Niyog refuted the allegation and said there is no forgery in the sale of tickets. Daitapati Niyog assistant secretary Binayak Das Mohapatra said, "The servitors' association sells tickets only after the sale of government tickets gets over. The allegation is  completely baseless."