• otv
Odishatv Bureau

Bhubaneswar: Odisha will become open defecation free staste by October 2019, informed secretary of Union Drinking Water and Sanitation department, Prameswaram Iyer while reviewing the implementation of Swachh Bharat mission in Rural Odisha.

Iyer also informed that target has been set to make Deogarh open defecation free by December 2016, and Balasore by March 2017.

According to sources, 35% completion has been achieved in Odisha in the past two years and in a bid to boost its implementation more toilets will be constructed along with awareness generation.

Under the Swachh Bharat mission, while the central government is bearing 60% of the implementation cost, the rest 40% is being borne by the State government.

Under this project, the State government has received Rs 700cr.

The meeting today also discussed about drinking water projects in the State.

Other Stories