Paradip: In a tragic incident, a man and his four-year old son were charred to death at Matha Sahi in Gindikipur area under Kujang block in the district on Friday evening.
The deceased have been identified as Sarala Das and his son Badal Das.
According to sources, the incident took place when a major fire broke out while the duo was at their thatched house. The intensity of the fire was so high that the duo was burnt alive by the time fire tenders reached the spot.
Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, short circuit or petrol is suspected to be the reason behind the fire accident, the sources added.
On being informed about the incident, Kujang police rushed to the spot and started investigation into the matter.