• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Odishatv Bureau

Cuttack: A major fire broke out in a premier garment showroom located at Palamandap near Badambadi in Cuttack on Sunday.

The incident occurred at around 11:40 am when a few customers first noticed the fire and later alerted the employees of the showroom.

Sources said, the intensity of the fire was so high that it soon spread to nearby shops including a book stall, electric shop and hotel.

It is suspected that the fire was caused due to some electrical short circuit.

Following the incident, five teams of fire services department rushed to the spot to douse the flames.

Meanwhile, a three-member team led by Chief Fire Officer Sukant Sethi has been formed to probe the mishap, informed DG (Civil defence) BK Sharma.

Other Stories

scrollToTop