• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Odishatv Bureau

Bhubaneswar:  A fire broke out in one of the rooms at the Capital police station premises in Bhubaneswar leaving one person injured.

The blaze, believed to have been caused due to electric short circuit in a fan, quickly spread to a gas cylinder kept nearby.

Soon, the flames grew uncontrollable and fire tenders had to be pressed into service to douse the fire. Besides furniture, many important documents kept in the room were charred in the mishap.

Giving out the details, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Anup Sahu said," The fire broke out in a barrack built for the drivers. Short circuit in a fan kept in the room seems to have triggered the fire. There hasn't been any major loss due to the fire."

Meanwhile, the injured police personnel -identified as Satya Prakash  Mantri has been admitted into the Capital hospital. His condition is stated to be stable now.

 

Other Stories

scrollToTop