Community feast upsets Balasore villagers’ Kartika Purnima festivity
Balasore: In a suspected case of food poisoning, as many as 22 persons including 14 children were taken ill after consuming food at a community feast in Kantabania village under Remuna block of Balasore district here on Saturday.
According to sources, residents of Kantabania village had gathered to enjoy Kartika Purnima festivities and take part in the community feast organised in the village.
Soon after consuming food at the feast, 22 persons, of whom 14 were reportedly children, complained of severe stomach ache following which they were immediately rushed to Balasore District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) for treatment.
“We suspect all have been affected with food poisoning after consuming feast food. All of them have been admitted to DHH and are reportedly safe,” said a villager.