Khurdha: As many as 90 school students fell sick after consuming chocolates during celebration of their friend's birthday at Manikapur near Banpur in the district on Tuesday.
All of them were first admitted to Banapur community health centre. Some of them were later shifted to a private hospital in Bhubaneswar. Their condition is stated to be stable. All are under medical surveillance, sources said.
The students celebrated the birthday at a private coaching centre on Tuesday evening. Soon after chewing the toffees, most of them started shivering while some others fainted.
Meanwhile, police visited the spot and collected the candy samples and collected information about the the source of the chocolates. The manufacturing unit, the shop from where these were bought and date of expiry are being examined, police said.