Bhubaneswar: Odisha government employees are rejoicing the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission recommendations which will be effective from September 1. Here are the details of salary hike for employees in different grades, as informed by the former president of State Secretariat Employees’ Association, Chittaranjan Hota:
- Group D employees will get a monthly basic salary of Rs 18,000 as per the 7th Pay panel recommendations as compared to the present salary of Rs 6,450
- Group C employees will draw basic salary of Rs 19,900 whereas the present salary is Rs 7,100
- Group B employees will now be paid a basic salary of Rs 35,400 monthly as against Rs 13,500 at present
- Group A employees will get Rs 56,100 as basic salary as compared to Rs 21,000 currently.
- Group A OAS employees at the top most level will draw a salary of around Rs 1,44,200
- Salary of IAS officers will increase to Rs 2,25,000
Employees of various departments got together to thank the Chief Minister at the Secretariat today. Some employee associations also requested to remove any disparity in hike between State and Central government employees as the Central government employees have received a slightly greater hike.