Bhubaneswar: In view of the COVID-19 spike across the State, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Tuesday released the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for observing the month of Ramzan in the Capital City.
The BMC has enforced restrictions on celebration of all kinds of religious festivals and functions. The released guidelines reads-
- Any kind of congregations/gatherings for celebration of Ramzan in public is not allowed within BMC area.
- Usual religious rituals and offering Namaz at mosques are allowed with a maximum of 100 participants or 50% capacity of the premises, whichever is less.
- All the participants including the Mosque officials shall have to wear masks properly and ensure 2 mtrs social distancing at all the times. It will be the responsibility of the Mosque management Committee to ensure it.
- The Mosque authorities to make provision of hand washing/hand sanitization at the entrance of the Mosque for use of all. Hand washing facility must be with running water and as per COVID protocol.
- There shall be provision of thermal screening of the participants at the entry of the Mosque and person having SARI/ILI like symptoms shall not be allowed inside.
- Further, person over 65 years old and children below 10 years old are advised not to attend such congregation in view of public safety.
The restrictions imposed by the Civic Body is to be followed throughout the holy month of Ramzan.
Earlier, the Special Relief Commissioner had released a set of guidelines regarding the same.
Earlier during the day, BMC Commissioner Prem Chandra Choudhary had informed that the Civic Body has hold discussions with the stakeholders to make appropriate arrangements for offering ‘Namaz’ on Friday by following the COVID guidelines. Everyone has to use masks and maintain at least a distance of 6 ft from each other within the prayer hall.
Similarly, the Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) has also issued guidelines which are required to be followed by all mosques during the entire month of Ramzan scheduled to start from tomorrow.
The guidelines have been issued taking into account the interest of health of general public and containment of Covid-19 spread.