• otv
Mrunal Manmay Dash

Bhubaneswar/Jagatsinghpur: The death case of engineer Amrut Dash of Kujang once again stirred Odisha on Tuesday after his mother and brother brought serious allegations against some senior political leaders of the ruling party while incriminating them in the case.

Addressing a press conference in Kujang, Amrut’s brother Subrat Das who tried to set himself on fire in front of the Odisha Assembly on 28 November alleged, “There are a lot of political leaders involved in the murder of my brother. The SP of Jagatsinghpur lied about his death bowing down to the pressure put by the Home Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra himself.”

Similarly, Amrut’s mother Sulochana Das alleged, “We neither got any reprieve from the senior officials of Crime Branch nor from any politicians. I should have committed suicide earlier.”

“The SP was silent for one year. He is lying now under pressure from influential politicians. They have not conducted the investigation properly. The police neither inspected the SIM card nor verified the certificates of my son,” added Sulochana.

She went on to allege that, “The police officer who was supervising the investigation asked us for money. Being a poor family, we could not afford to bribe him, so he took money from the other party and made a false report.”

Similarly, Ramakanta Das, father of Amrut said, “We met many ministers including Dibya Shankar Mishra and submitted all the relevant documents with him, but nobody paid heed to our requests. Instead, Mishra asked me to send my wife as she was the one who lodged the FIR. But when my wife and son went to meet him, he refused to hear us out.”

It is being said that after being snubbed by Captain Dibya Shankar Mishra, the mother son duo reportedly went straight to the Assembly to immolate themselves protesting police inaction.

“We sought help from Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra but he refused to listen, so we attempted suicide in front of Assembly. If our son does not get justice, we will end our lives,” reiterated Ramakant.

Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra, however, could not be contacted for comments in this regard.

Terming a youth, Arun Patnaik as the prime accused, Ramakant went on to add, “After the so-called accident, police said that Arun who was riding with Amrut, was admitted to SCB hospital for 15 days but according to the report from the SCB hospital that we obtained from its record room, Arun was admitted to the hospital for only two hours.”

Notably, high drama had unfolded near the state assembly when Sulochana and her other son Subrat appeared from nowhere with bottles containing some liquid in their hands and tried to pour it on themselves to self immolate. However, alert security personnel deployed on the spot overpowered them before they could take any drastic measures.

(Edited By Suryakant Jena)

Other Stories