Cuttack: A pal of gloom descended on Betei village under Salepur Police limits in Cuttack district when three members of a family were electrocuted to death.
As per reports, one Nandita Mallick from Betei village came in contact with an electricity wire while she was hanging clothes to dry. Seeing her in despair, Nandita’s mother-in-law, Sita Mallick tried to intervene but was also electrocuted.
Sadly the ordeal wasn’t over for the Mallick family. As fate would have it, Pushpalata, the younger daughter-in-law of Sita also rushed to help the other two but was also electrocuted in the process and died on the spot too.
An atmosphere of grief prevailed in the area following the sudden and unfortunate deaths.