3 Kanwariyas sustain burn injuries after leakage in LPG cylinder pipe
Malkangiri: At least three Kanwariyas sustained burn injuries after gas leaking from an LPG cylinder pipe caught fire in Khairaput Saturday morning.
As per sources, hundreds of Kanwariyas, after fetching water from water bodies in Balimela were on their way to Gupteswar to worship and offer prayers to Lord Shiva on the occasion of fourth Shravan Somvar.
During their barefoot journey, all the Bolbom devotees decided to halt in Khairaput area last night, sources said.
The mishap took place this morning when the three Kanwariyas engaged as cooks, whose identity could not be ascertained, were preparing breakfast for other Kanwariyas before heading towards their destination.
Suddenly there was a leakage in the gas pipe of the cylinder and in no time fire engulfed the entire place injuring the trio.
Soon after the incident, they were rushed to Khairaput Community Health Centre (CHC) where they were given a preliminary treatment. “After a preliminary treatment, all the three Kanwariyas were sent back to their respective homes,” informed the doctor at the CHC.