• otv
Sharmili Mallick

Ganjam: More than 10 persons including a minor sustained injuries after a live electric wire snapped and fell into a pond they were bathing in at Gudiali village under Kabisuryanagar area of Ganjam district this morning.

However, a major mishap was averted as all of them were taking bath on concrete steps leading to the pond.

All the injured persons were rushed to the Kabisuryanagar Hospital and later five among them, who received critical injuries in the mishap were shifted to Aska Hospital.

According to reports, the electric wire suddenly snapped and fell into the pond electrocuting all 10. The fire personnel who reached the spot rushed the injured to the hospital. All the injured persons are stated to be stable now, informed sources.

Till the last reports came in, the officials of the electric department were yet to reach the spot, sources said.

Other Stories