With the low-pressure area taking shape in the northwest Bay of Bengal, near Odisha coasts, the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) has predicted thunderstorms at many places in the State during the next 3-4 hours.
As per the recent forecast, a thunderstorm is likely to hit the districts of Mayurbhanj, Keonjhar Angul, Kendrapada-Bhadrak, Gajapati and Kandhamal-Rayagada between 3-6 pm. And between 6-9 pm, places in Jharsuguda and Sundargarh may record thundershowers today.
Places Under Heavy Showers Today
The latest forecast of the Union Government's ace institute, Tropical Meteorology, is heavy showers across the State between 3 pm - 12 am. It has put all the districts under the 'severe' alert list. Check the time and the places.
- In the coming 2-hours, almost all the districts in the State are going to receive heavy rain accompanied by lightning.
- 3:30 pm - Cuttack, Bhubaneswar and its neighbourhood may record rain and lightning at around 3;30-4:30 pm today.
- High probability of lightning activities in the Jajpur district around the same hour.
- 7-8 pm: Rain accompanied by lightning is predicted at many places in the districts of Balangir, Nuapada, Kalahandi and Jharsuguda.
- 9 pm: Rain with lightning likely in Kendrapada and Jagatsinghpur districts.
- 11 pm: Thunderstorm/lightning predicted at places like Rourkela and neighbourhood in Sundargarh district.
- Also, many places in districts like Bhadrak, Jajpur, Keonjhar, Sambalpur and Angul-Boudh.