WhatsApp will soon roll out a new cashback scheme to gain more users for its payment services in India. Right now Meta-owned instant messaging app is offering Rs. 51 cashback to selected users only. The cashback option can be found in WhatsApp’s Android beta version 22.214.171.124.
The beta app of WhatsApp is displaying a promotional banner on top of the chat list with the message, “Give cash, get Rs. 51 back.”
Users will get cashbacks after sending money to five different contacts. However, the developers have not set any limit on the transaction in a single time to avail the cashback.
It means that a user will be able to earn a total of Rs. 255 in cashback using this offer. The money will be deposited immediately into bank accounts linked to WhatsApp pay services.
This cashback is similar to the one on Google Pay in its initial days which it used to release exactly Rs 51 as a referral bonus for users when their referred contacts made their first payment.
WhatsApp has received permission from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for WhatsApp Payments to enter into partnership with multiple banks in July 2017 to allow users to make in-app payments and money transfers using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
How To set up WhatsApp Pay
- • On any WhatsApp chat, click the "Re" icon in the text area
- • You will receive a notification from WhatsApp to add the payment method
- • Select a bank from the list
- • After clicking continue, an SMS will be sent to phone number to verify the identity
- • If you already have a registered UPI PIN, you have to enter it to activate your service. In case, this is your first time using UPI, you'll need to create a new PIN.
(By Somatirtha Purohit)