Soumya Prakash Pradhan

It is easy to get caught up in the hype of the latest viral video or trending story. But before you hit the share button, it's important to stop for a while and think is this real or fake news?

Recently, a video is being circulated on social media showing a person getting electrocuted while drinking water and charging his phone at the same time.

The video has gone viral with millions of views and thousands of shares, but is it real or fake? Let's take a closer look.

The video, which has been shared by several popular news media agencies, has been proven to be totally fake. The creators of the video have used a CCTV filter to make it appear more realistic, but it's nothing more than a poorly acted drama.

In that video, they claim that it's for educational purposes, but in reality, it's just a scam to gain views and likes. If you ever watched that video, you'll notice that every video they create is set in the same background and room, which is a clear indication that it's dramatic.

While it's true that you should never use your phone while it's charging, the video is not a valid reason to believe so.

If you're drinking water and your phone is charging, there's no direct contact between the person and the electrical current, so there's no danger of electrocution.

The only danger of using your phone while it's charging is that it can cause the battery to heat up and become unstable.

This is why some brands provide shorter wires with their chargers, to discourage users from using their phones while charging.

Don't blindly trust or share videos without doing some research first. Don't fall victim to online scams, and always use common sense when it comes to using your phone and other electronic devices.