Financial independence is a key element to leading a successful life, and the Indian government has recognised this. In the Union Budget 2023, the government introduced a savings scheme designed exclusively for women.
Known as Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana 2023, this scheme encourages women to save money and become financially independent.
Here is the scheme in more detail, including eligibility criteria, required documents, and steps to apply.
The Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana 2023 is available to all Indian women and girls, regardless of age. From small girls to elderly women, anyone can open this account. However, foreign nationals or non-resident Indian women are not eligible to open this account.
To open an account under the Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana 2023, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Account opening form (available from the bank).
- Two colored passport-size photographs.
- Aadhaar card.
- PAN card.
Benefits of the Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana 2023:
- The scheme offers a fixed interest rate of 7.5% per annum for a period of two years.
- Women can invest up to Rs 2 lakh in this scheme.
- Partial withdrawal facility is available.
- The account can only be opened in the name of a girl child or a woman.
- The scheme will be available for two years, from 2023 to 2025.
- Accounts can be opened in post offices or banks. This account can also be opened at some major private banks.
The Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana 2023 is a commendable initiative by the Indian government. It not only promotes financial independence among women but also encourages them to save money for their future.