In today's digital age, countless songs are released every day, making it challenging to remember them all.
Often, people can only recall a portion of the lyrics, which can be frustrating when trying to identify a song.
YouTube has introduced a new feature that makes this process easier.
According to an official report, you can now search for a song by humming, singing, or whistling it.
This feature is exclusively available on YouTube's mobile app and not on the web version, as per the report.
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you find songs by humming on the YouTube app:
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile device.
- Tap the search button.
- In the search bar on the right side, you will see a microphone icon. Click on it.
- Allow the YouTube app permission to access your device's microphone.
- After enabling the microphone, start humming, singing, or whistling the tune of the song you want to identify.
- YouTube will use this audio input to search for the song.
- YouTube will then present you with a list of results that it believes match your tune.
It is important to note that this feature may not be available to all YouTube users in India at the moment.
Additionally, a similar feature is available in Google Assistant and has been in operation in India for some time.