Meta owned by WhatsApp has been busy adding new features throughout this year. Some of these features are incredibly useful for users.
In August 2023, WhatsApp announced a new feature for the web version ‘Lock Screen.’
This Lock Screen feature is designed to enhance your privacy while using WhatsApp on the web, especially in situations like when you are at the office.
If you are using WhatsApp on your work computer and need to step away for breakfast, lunch, or other reasons, you would usually have to log out.
When you return to your desk, you will have to log in again, which can be tedious.
Additionally, logging in frequently may result in not seeing your previous messages immediately.
This can be frustrating, especially when you have to repeatedly scan the QR code.
To solve this, WhatsApp has introduced the Lock Screen feature for the web version, making it more convenient for users.
Here's how you can enable the Lock Screen feature on WhatsApp Web:
- Begin by logging in to web.whatsapp.com using the QR code.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon in the upper menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select "Lock Screen."
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You will need to create a password with 6-128 characters, which may include letters, numbers, and common punctuation. Confirm the password and click "OK."
- You can also set the automatic screen lock timing. There are options for 1 minute, 15 minutes, and 1 hour.
By following these steps, you can activate the Lock Screen feature for WhatsApp Web and ensure your chats remain secure. If you do not see the option, log out of WhatsApp, and you should find the "Lock Screen" option.
Meanwhile, WhatsApp now allows iPhone users to make group calls with up to 31 participants.