Twitter’s list feature allows users to customise, organise and prioritise their tweets as they see them in their timelines. Now, the users can join the list that has already been created by other users or they can create their own list by topic, interest or group.
Tweets from the account on that list are displayed when you open your timeline. If a user never wants to miss a tweet from their favourite account, they can add their list or pin their list to their home timeline.
Twitter list on desktop
- Open your Twitter account on your laptop or PC
- Click on the List option on your left panel
- Now click on the plus icon (+) in the top right corner
- Add the name of your list and a short description
- If you want to make it private then check the make private box
- Now click the accounts you want to add to your list, the accounts you clicked will see on top, and you will see a checkmark next to them
- Click done when you complete your list and your list is ready
- If you want to edit your list anytime by returning to the list tab, then you can choose a list you want to edit and click edit list
- Now you can edit the list with the same process
Twitter list on Mobile
- Open the Twitter application on your mobile
- Go to your profile, and click the list option from the menu
- Tap on the plus icon (+) in the button right corner
- Enter name and description to your list, and turn on the private checkbox in android and the private option toggle, if you want that list private
- Click on the save and create a button on your android or iOS respectively
- Now, search for users on iOS and select the add option and you can add them to your list
- In Android, you will be returned to the list. To add users go to the person's profile you want to add then tap on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Click the add to list option
- If you have multiple lists, choose the list you want to add to them
- If you want to edit your list, you can go back to the list tab and edit it anytime. On iOS select list and then click on edit list, on the android select list click on the three dots and then click on edit list.
How to join the Twitter list
You can join or subscribe to someone’s Twitter list, only if their list is Public. Just tap on the three-dot on the upper right corner of another profile and click the view list to check their list.