With curtains coming down on another breathless season of pure adrenaline rush in the top flight of English football, it's time to sit back, relax and relive the glorious moments that enraptured the die-hard fans of the world's most loved soccer competition.
The Premier League season of 2021-22 witnessed many historic feats, heartbreaks and sheer joy. Manchester City laid their hands on the crown for the fourth time in five years by a whisker of one point over a generational Liverpool side. The epic battle between the Red and Blue army continued all the way to the last day.
On the other hand, the nerve-racking survival of an Everton side from the Premier League relegation scare was also one of the most standout moments of this season.
But the beauty of the Premier League is not only limited to such edge-of-the-seat drama, rather the quality of football and the talent of superstars that makes it captivating for millions of soccer lovers all around the world all season long.
Here we bring you the Ten of the very best strikes in the season that have been nominated for the Budweiser Goal of the Season award, as announced by the Premier League.
The shortlist contains some of the most stunning goals from acrobatic bicycle kick to superb team moves and even 30-yard screamer.
What is even more exciting is that the Premier League has urged fans to vote for the goal they loved the most. The window closes at 7.30 pm IST today (May 27). Click on the link below to vote.
- Danny Ings (Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle) 21 August
- Andros Townsend (Everton 3-1 Burnley) 13 September
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City) 3 October
- Rodri (Manchester City 3-0 Everton) 21 November
- Alexandre Lacazette (Arsenal 3-0 Southampton) 11 December
- Mateo Kovacic (Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool) 2 January
- Wilfried Zaha (Norwich 1-1 Crystal Palace) 9 February
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Mancher United 3-2 Tottenham) 12 March
- Miguel Almiron (Newcastle 1-0 Crystal Palace) 20 April
- Son Heung-min (Tottenham 3-1 Leicester City) 1 May