Fake certificate racket: Police tighten noose around mastermind, special team to visit Uttar Pradesh
In a tragic incident, two persons died after apparently inhaling toxic fumes emitted from a power generator at Sialaliti village under G. Udaygiri police limits in Gajapati district late Friday night. The deceased have been identified as Ganesh Nayak (18) and Ambika Nayak (12).
The condition of a minor is said to be critical and she has been admitted to Chandragiri hospital. As per initial reports, as many as four persons were sleeping inside a room and two of them were suffocated to death after inhaling toxic carbon monoxide fumes from a generator which was being used last night near the house.
The generator was used during power cut in the village during a function yesterday. The matter came to light after the family members tried to wake them up. Later, all of them were rushed to the nearest hospital where the doctors declared two of them dead.
“After the function, all of them went to the room to sleep and they died due to suffocation,” said a family member.
Dr K Naresh Reddy said, “Four persons were sleeping in the room when the incident occurred. It is suspected that the deaths have been caused due to carbon monoxide. The condition of a minor girl is also critical.”
(Reported by Mihir Jati)