Himansu Shekhar Rout

At least six persons of a family were critically injured and sustained burns after a gas cylinder exploded inside their house in the Belapada area of Bolangir district.

As per preliminary reports, five women and a youth of Kanut Uparapada village under Belapada Police limits were among the injured.

All six people were watching television inside the house in the evening when the gas cylinder in the kitchen caught fire and exploded. 
However, the cause of the fire could not be established immediately. Several cracks were found in the house following the explosion.

The injured were rescued by local residents and admitted to Kantabanji Community Health Centre. Their condition is stated to be critical.
A large number of people thronged the CHC to see the critical patients. Locals demanded proper treatment of the patients.

On the other hand, police rushed to the spot and started an investigation.

  • Reported by:
  • Antim Panigrahi