Mrunal Manmay Dash

Close on the heels of the fire mishap at Laxmi Market Complex, another fire broke out at a nearby market complex in Puri on Friday.

As per reports, the fire broke out at Odisha Handloom showroom in Niladri complex, which is just 50 metres away from Laxmi market complex that saw a massive fire just three days ago.

As soon as the fire was reported at Niladri complex, fire fighters were pressed into action and the blaze was brought under control in a short span of time.

Sources said, the fire may have been triggered by an electricity short circuit in the garment showroom at the complex.

Puri SP, Kanwar Bishal Singh said, "It is a small incident. There is no need to panic. There was a small short circuit after which they called the fire department. They doused it immidiately. There are no loss to any property."

"The fire department is analysing the fire safety system of the shop and a detailed report will follow after some time," he added.

It is pertinent to mention here that a massive fire had erupted in the Laxmi Market Complex in the pilgrim town of Puri on Wednesday night and continued till Thursday. It gutted over 40 shops, but fortunately, over 150 tourists staying in a hotel and over 50 persons present at the shops escaped unhurt.

(Reported By Madhusudan Mishra, OTV)