The sleuths of Odisha Vigilance on Tuesday raided several places linked to Nayagarh Motor Vehicle Inspector (MVI), Panchanan Behera over allegations of amassing assets disproportionate to his known source of income.
Simultaneous house searches were conducted by Odisha Vigilance teams led by 6 DSPs, 3 Inspectors, 8 ASIs and other staff after obtaining search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar at 7 places in Khordha (Bhubaneswar), Nayagarh and Cuttack districts.
Searches were made at the following places:
- Double-storeyed building located at Sailashree Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
- Single-storeyed house located at Pandara, Bhubaneswar.
- Rented house of Behera located at Nayagarh.
- Office chamber of Behera located in the premises of the office of RTO, Nayagarh.
- His paternal house located at Village-Baliapada, Salipur in Cuttack.
- House of his relative located at Village-Govindpur, PS- Nilgiripatna in Khordha.
- House of a relative of Behera located at Satya Vihar, Pandara, Bhubaneswar.
The raids are currently going on at these places. The vigilance will reveal the findings at a later stage.