Pradeep Pattanayak

A mobile shop owner and a customer had a miraculous escape after the battery of a mobile phone allegedly went off in the shop. The incident was reported from Kamakhyanagar in Dhenkanal district on Sunday. 

According to a source, a man from Anantapur area had visited a mobile repairing shop on Kamakhyanagar College Road to get an old mobile phone repaired. To repair the phone, the shop owner removed the battery and placed it on the table. Then there were five customers at the shop. 

Before anyone could understand anything, the battery exploded and caught fire. It was the shop owner’s presence of mind that helped avoid a major mishap. Immediately after the blast, the shop owner threw it out of the shop. 

It is said that the mobile battery was an old and swollen one.  However, none except a minor boy standing there in the shop suffered injuries. The minor boy suffered minor injuries in his hand.
 
Such incidents of mobile phones going off and sometimes causing fire mishaps are frequently being reported from different parts of the state. 

In the wee hours of November 2, the members of a family had a close shave when a mobile connected to a charger allegedly went off and reduced the furniture in the house to ashes at Baligaon under Chandbali tehsil of Bhadrak district. 

Like any other day, Amar Pradhan and his family members went to sleep after having dinner. Amar’s wife put her mobile phone on charging and went to sleep after which the mobile phone reportedly exploded.

  • Reported by:
  • Bidyadhar Baral
scrollToTop