Rajendra Prasad Mohapatra

Amidst the mystery shrouding the controversial Kusuma cottage built within the premises of a children’s park in Jajpur, Collector Nikhil Pawan Kalyan on Saturday informed that the district administration will now take over the project.

According to Kalyan, it has been clear that the cottage has been built on the Municipality land with CSR funds. Following the construction of the project, it should have been handed over to the district administration. However, there has been a long gap in it. Now the district administration will take over the cottage and ensure its proper management.

Kalyan further informed that a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be prepared so that the project could be used by the public.

“I have discussed the matter with the Sports Department and the department has cleared about its status. Now it has been clear that the project has been built on the Municipality land through CSR fund. After the construction of the project, the agency should have handed it over to the district administration. However, there was a gap,” said Kalyan.

“We need to bring clarity over the matter. Since it is a government project built on Municipality land, the district administration will take it over. It’s a public property. We will prepare a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) so that the public can use it in future. We will also ensure its proper management,” he added.

Earlier on Friday, Jajpur Municipality Deputy Chairman Santosh Mallick said that the bungalow is built for the development of sports.

“With due permission from the State government, the land was purchased and transferred to the Sports Department. As per the information with us, the project has been built with an expenditure of Rs 8 crore from the CSR grant. The Municipality was requested to provide land for the Sports Department,” said Mallick.

However, in response, the Sports Department has clarified that no funds have been given from the department for the project and they have no information in this regard.

“I have ordered the department. I will inform about the matter after a detailed report comes following an investigation,” said Sports Minister Suryavanshi Suraj.

Meanwhile, the mystery shrouding the nine cottages in the luxurious Kusuma bungalow has been intensified further. While there was free entry for VIPs, a no-entry board was put up for the common people. Now, questions have been raised on whose interest the bungalows were constructed within the premises of a children’s park?
 

OTV News is now on Whatsapp

Join and get latest news update delivered to you via whatsapp

Join Now
scrollToTop