Rajendra Prasad Mohapatra

In an unfortunate incident, a five-year-old child sustained severe burn injuries in a mobile explosion at Mangarajpur village under Badamba block in Cuttack district on Saturday.

The victim has been identified as Baibhav, son of Balabhadra Dalei. 

The injured child was immediately admitted to Badamba Hospital for treatment.

As per reports, the mobile phone exploded while Baibhav was using it around 9 am. He sustained serious injuries in the mobile phone explosion. He sustained severe burn injuries on his left ankle. He was immediately rushed to the nearby hospital by the family members for treatment.

Following primary treatment at Badamba hospital, the child has been shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack. The condition of the child is stated to be stable now.

According to local people, the mobile phone might have exploded due to long operation by the child.

"I am shocked by the unfortunate incident. Apart from the injury to my son, some clothes and other articles have been burnt following the mobile phone blast. I request everybody to learn valuable lessons from the incident. Please don't charge your mobile phone for long hours at night and keep it away from small children," said Balabhadra Dalei.

OTV News is now on Whatsapp

Join and get latest news update delivered to you via whatsapp

Join Now