Girl child unwanted? Odisha man administers ‘poison jab’ to 20-day-old daughter; infant hospitalised
A major fire was reported at the Regional Medical Research Centre's (RMRC) campus here in Bhubaneswar on Sunday. As per initial reports, the fire was reported at the storeroom of the RMRC.
Though there has been no loss of life, several properties inside the storeroom have been gutted in the fire mishap. Sources said several items including used Covid sample kits have been reduced to ashes in the fire mishap.
It is said that an electric short-circuit triggered the fire in the storeroom.
"All the items were meant for disposal. Lots of cartoons, damaged furniture and other plastic items were in the storeroom," said an employee.
On getting information, four fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the fire after an operation that lasted for over two hours.
- Reported by:
- CHANDAN PAIKRAY