Mrunal Manmay Dash

Medicines and electrical appliances worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes after a major fire broke out at the medicine godown of Boudh District Headquarters Hospital late Wednesday night.

A short circuit inside the godown is suspected to be behind the fire.

The hospital authorities informed the fire services personnel following the blaze. Subsequently, a team arrived at the spot and doused the flame.

However, by the time the fire was doused, medicines worth lakhs of rupees, electrical appliances including air conditioner and deep freezer were reduced to ashes.

Asked about the blaze, a fire department official said while the primary cause seems to be a short circuit, the actual reason can only be ascertained after a probe.

The hospital authorities including the CDMO refused to comment on the incident.

  • Reported by: