With the detection of 13 new Covid positive cases in the last nine days, the Odisha Health and Family Welfare department on Friday wrote to all government-run medical colleges and hospitals, and CDMOs in the State urging them to stay alert and prepared.
In the letter, Public Health Director Niranjan Mishra wrote, “The recent rise in COVID-19 cases across India necessitates immediate and proactive measures to combat any surge in COVID-19 cases in the state. In continuation of the earlier communication, you (Medical colleges & CDMOs) are requested to implement the action points given therein and to remain alert to 'meet any exigency.”
The Action Points include:
1. ILI/SARI surveillance should increase and testing to be made available in every health institution; CHC and above, and to be done as per ICMR guideline.
2. For those found positive, the home isolation protocol is to be strictly followed and necessary treatment support should be provided.
3. Ensure dedicated beds and oxygen supported beds for any admission and management as per the management protocol and there should not be any unnecessary referrals.
4. The COVID management strategy for the COVID situation, should be followed.
5. Under no circumstance, report should not come about the non-availability of testing and treatment facilities in the district and sub-district level.
6. Coordinate and collaborate with district administration for increasing IEC/BCC for community awareness emphasizing on: the symptomatic, elderly and the vulnerable population should be adhered to the COVID-19 appropriate behavior.
7. Ensure adequate availability of test KIT, reagents drugs, and consumables to deal with the COVID situation in coordination with OSMCL, Odisha.
8. There should be timely data entry and reporting as per the said protocol.
9. Training and capacity building of Health care providers and Laboratory personnel.
10. Keep a contingency plan ready to deal with any situation.